This is a complete kit to make the Lincoln Tote as pictured.
- (2) pre punched leather straps in Tan
- (8) Medium rapid rivets
- (1) 3/4” Magnetic Snap
- (4) 1/2” Bottom Studs/Bag Feet
- Peltex Bag Bottom - Marked for Bag Foot Placement
- 1/2 Yard of Fusible Fleece
- 1 1/4 Yard of Shape Flex
- 1/2 Yard of Mod Nouveau Canvas from Birch Organic
- ½ yard lining fabric (Worker Chambray)
- ¼ yard of navy cotton canvas fabric for the bag bottom
- (1) 7" Zipper
- Printed Copy of the Lincoln Tote Pattern - The printed copy features the pattern pieces on 24" x 36" copy weight paper.
The Lincoln Tote is a sleek tote bag perfect for work, errands or travel. Although simple in design, every detail of this bag has been carefully considered and refined. The size was designed with files, books, tablets and laptops in mind. It’s shape fits comfortably under the arm. The handles should fit comfortably over the shoulder but do not let the bag hit the ground when held in hand. The bag is approximately 15" high, 25" high with handles and 15" wide.
The inside zippered pocket, reinforced bottom and bag feet make it practical and durable. This pattern has been simplified to be easy to sew even for beginners. It evolved from my original leather handle tote pattern developed mainly for classes at my studio located in Melrose, MA. By teaching hundreds of people to make this bag in person over the last few years, I have learned the most common questions and challenges. That’s why a lot of the guesswork has been taken out of measuring and the pattern markings have been made as clear as possible.
These handles are 100% Genuine Leather. They are hand cut with English Point ends. Each handle is pre-punched with 4 holes so they can be attached with rivets to any bag.
Each handle is cut 25" from end to end and cut from 9/10oz leather. They are 3/4" wide. Over time they will soften nicely. Since they are natural leather, they may have small cracks or imperfections and the color may darken or change a bit over time.