THIS LISTING IS FOR A PRINTED COPY OF THIS PATTERN WHICH WILL BE MAILED TO YOU.
This pattern is fat quarter friendly and has instructions for 3 different sizes of zippered supply cases. The large size case is the perfect fit for a notebook, the medium size is great for sewing supplies, crochet hooks, or colored pencils, and the small size case is fantastic for hand sewing supplies. Anything you can imagine to carry around, this case is perfect for that! All cases feature mesh and topstitched pockets on the inside for ample storage space, as well as elastic for holding pens and pencils. Great for kids, crafters, teacher gifts, and more!
Supplies (will make 1 supply case)
- 1 fat quarter of exterior fabric – additional fabric may be required if fussy-cutting large prints
- 1 fat quarter of lining fabric
- 1 additional fat quarter for lining pockets
- 1 yard of 20” wide Pellon® SF-101 Shape Flex® fusible woven interfacing (or medium-weight fusible interfacing)
- 11” x 27” piece of foam interfacing (By Annie’s Soft and Stable, Pellon Flex Foam, or Bosal In R Form)
- 2/3 yard Pellon #70 Peltex sew-in interfacing (or extra-heavy interfacing)
- Handbag zipper (small – 22”; medium – 30”; large – 36”) – feel free to use a longer zipper and trim down later
*it is very important to use a handbag zipper here; handbag zippers have wider zipper tape, which will allow the case to accommodate your supplies; also, many handbag zippers have 2 zipper pulls, which is very convenient, while not absolutely necessary. My handbag zipper was 1-1/4” wide.
- 1/4” wide elastic (small – 1/2 yard; medium – 1 yard; large – 1-1/4 yards)
- One piece of mesh (small – 6-1/4” x 6-1/4”; medium – 8-1/2” x 6-1/2”; large – 10-1/4” x 9”)