This 1.5 hour workshop will cover all of the basics! We will learn all about the sewing machine, safety and threading. Then we will warm up with some practice at the machine and make a fun project. After this workshop, your child will be ready to jump into our weekly class or take some of the project classes.
This class is for kids ages 7+.
Why learn to sew? Here are a few things learned while sewing:
• Hand-eye Coordination
• Fine Motor Skills
• Following Instructions
• Problem Solving
• Enjoying a Hobby
• Noncompetitive activity
Students experience a sense of accomplishment with each completed project.
We keep class enrollment small so that each student is given individual attention and full use of all classroom amenities. This helps students to get to know each other and maximize their creativity. Students do not need to bring anything to class.
Class runs for 1.5 hours. The last 5 minutes of classes are used to tidy up the workstations and classroom.
Please do not drop off any earlier than 5 minutes prior to class.
If you are running late to pick up your child, please call the shop.
Summer Studio Procedures and Guidelines
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Facilities will be cleaned and disinfected prior to students entering.
- Students are asked to stay home with a fever or any symptoms of illness.
- Classes will be limited to 4-5 students per class.
STUDENTS MUST WEAR SHOES THAT COVER THEIR WHOLE FOOT
Refunds & Absence Policy
Cancellations and transfers may NOT be done through the website. You will need to contact me directly.
Refunds and transfers must be requested at least 4 days prior to the session from which you are withdrawing. Transfers may only be made from one session to another session.
CROSSCUT SEWING CANCELLATION POLICY
- Most classes must have minimum of 3 students to meet. In the case that we don't have enough students, we will cancel or reschedule the class. In the case of cancellation or if you are unable to make the rescheduled class, you will be issued a full refund.
- If a class is canceled due to weather, we will try to reschedule. If you are unable to make the rescheduled class, you will be issued a full refund.
- Crosscut class cancellations are determined 48 hours prior to the first day of class. We will contact you by phone or email to let you know.