Basic AlterationsSold Out
We all have these outfits in our closets that just don’t fit right, and we haven’t had the time to go to the tailor. Well, procrastinate no more, bring to class anything that doesn’t fit right or needs a hem and do it yourself with help and guidance. Whether your garment is too big, too small, too long or too short Sarah will give you personal advice, knowledge and expertise so you can wear that outfit again. Or in some cases take those price tags off. The best part is that you did it yourself!
Please note that there will be some things that can not be altered so please contact us or describing your goal in the notes at checkout so we can get the most out of this 2 hour class.
About the Instructor
I received my bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design in 1996 from Mount Ida College in Newton, MA. While in college I gained the knowledge of designing, pattern making, sewing, fitting and tailoring. I worked in the field in Massachusetts and New York City for companies like Talbots, Tommy Hilfiger, The Limited and New York & Company. I have a strong understanding of apparel fit because I was a Technical Designer for seven years. This entails making sure that the size 6 fits a live model correctly to the designers and companies standards. Working in the field, I can recognize that there are certain materials and trims that will be better suited for certain designs and construction. I currently still sew and do alterations to keep myself active and creative.CLASS POLICIES
- This class if for students 16+ (If you are under 16 and would like to take this class, please contact us)
- All students receive 15% of your materials purchases on class day. Feel free to come in a little early and let us help you pick out your discounted materials.
- If you need to cancel, please contact us as soon as possible. We will issue a full refund as long as we have 7 days notice before the first day of scheduled class.
- If you need to cancel with less than 7 days but more than 48 hours notice, we will issue a credit toward the purchase of another class.
- Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice as not eligible for a refund or a credit. If you miss a class, there are no available make-up classes.
- Most classes must have minimum of 3 students to meet. In the case that we don't have enough students, we will cancel or reschedule the class. In the case of cancellation or if you are unable to make the rescheduled class, you will be issued a full refund.
- If a class is canceled due to weather, we will try to reschedule. If you are unable to make the rescheduled class, you will be issued a full refund.
- Crosscut class cancellations are determined 48 hours prior to the first day of class. We will contact you by phone or email to let you know.