If you want to tackle a project, but need some help, this class is for you! Whether you need help cutting your fabric, installing a zipper, sewing darts or reading directions, bring your pattern, fabric and supples and we will help you out!
It's also a great opportunity to try out the studio tools, sewing machines, coverstitch machine or serger.
Please let me know ahead of time what project you would like to work on.
You can work on garments, quilting, home decor, bags and accessories, sewing with knits, sewing zippers, or dolls and stuffies.
Since there are multiple students and projects in the class, the instructor is there to assist. If you would like personalized attention for a project like pattern drafting, fitting, alterations or learning a specific technique, please consider a private lesson. If you don’t see a good time or want more individualized attention, you can also set up a private lesson.
Students should have knowledge of how to operate the sewing machine. If you have never sewn before, please consider taking the Learn to Sew class first.
Students of all levels and interests are welcome. We limit the class to 4 students so everyone has access to one on one instruction. We have found that this format allows students to work on projects that interest them at a time that is convenient and work at their own pace.
Need help picking a project? We love helping students decide what to make! Feel free to contact us before your class and we can help you pick patterns and fabric.
Don't know what to make? That’s fine too! We can help you get set up with a simple project like a zipper pouch, pillows, napkins etc. We have lots of samples if you are not sure what to make.
In addition to instruction on your project, students get to learn from each other and get ideas for other things to work on.
You also get access to lots of sewing tools, cutting space, sewing machines with many different feet, sergers and coverstitch machines. Give those garments and knits a truly professional finish!
- This class if for students 16+ (If you are under 16 and would like to take this class, please contact us)
- All students receive 15% of your materials purchases on class day. Feel free to come in a little early to pick out your discounted materials. I do have everything needed for this project. My selection is limited, so feel free to bring your own.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Facilities will be cleaned and disinfected prior to students entering.
- Students are asked to stay home with a fever or any symptoms of illness.
- Classes will be limited to 4-5 students per class. (If you are have friends or family in the class and are comfortable sharing a table with them, please let me know.)
CLASS STUDENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- If you need to cancel, please contact us as soon as possible. We will issue a full refund as long as we have 7 days notice before the first day of scheduled class.
- If you need to cancel with less than 7 days but more than 48 hours notice, we will issue a credit toward the purchase of another class.
- Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice as not eligible for a refund or a credit. If you miss a class, there are no available make-up classes.
CROSSCUT SEWING CANCELLATION POLICY
- Most classes must have minimum of 3 students to meet. In the case that we don't have enough students, we will cancel or reschedule the class. In the case of cancellation or if you are unable to make the rescheduled class, you will be issued a full refund.
- If a class is canceled due to weather, we will try to reschedule. If you are unable to make the rescheduled class, you will be issued a full refund.
- Crosscut class cancellations are determined 48 hours prior to the first day of class. We will contact you by phone or email to let you know.