Adult Class - Assisted Open SewingSold Out
All classes are canceled or postponed at the moment. To stay up to date on when classes will resume, please join our email list via the form at the bottom of the page or follow us: Facebook or Instagram
If you want to tackle a new project, but need some help, this class is for you! Whether you need help cutting your fabric, installing a zipper, sewing darts or reading directions, bring your pattern, fabric and supples and we will help you out! Please let us know ahead of time what pattern you would like to work on.
Students should have knowledge of how to operate the sewing machine. If you have never sewn before, please consider taking the Learn to Sew class first.
Students of all levels and interests are welcome. We limit the class to 6 students so everyone has access to one on one instruction. We have found that this format allows students to work on projects that interest them at a time that is convenient and work at their own pace.
Need help picking a project? We love helping students decide what to make! Feel free to contact us before your class and we can help you pick patterns and fabric.
Don't know what to make? That’s fine too! We can help you get set up with a simple project like a zipper pouch, pillows, napkins etc. We have lots of samples if you are not sure what to make.
In addition to instruction on your project, students get to learn from each other and get ideas for other things to work on.
You also get access to lots of sewing tools, cutting space, sewing machines with many different feet, sergers and coverstitch machines. Give those garments and knits a truly professional finish!
- This class if for students 16+ (If you are under 16 and would like to take this class, please contact us)
- All students receive 15% of your materials purchases on class day. Feel free to come in a little early and let us help you pick out your discounted materials.
- If you need to cancel, please contact us as soon as possible. We will issue a full refund as long as we have 7 days notice before the first day of scheduled class.
- If you need to cancel with less than 7 days but more than 48 hours notice, we will issue a credit toward the purchase of another class.
- Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice as not eligible for a refund or a credit. If you miss a class, there are no available make-up classes.
- Most classes must have minimum of 3 students to meet. In the case that we don't have enough students, we will cancel or reschedule the class. In the case of cancellation or if you are unable to make the rescheduled class, you will be issued a full refund.
- If a class is canceled due to weather, we will try to reschedule. If you are unable to make the rescheduled class, you will be issued a full refund.
- Crosscut class cancellations are determined 48 hours prior to the first day of class. We will contact you by phone or email to let you know.