This course is designed for the Jalie Patterns Pull-on Pants and Shorts Pattern. The pattern is not included in the course price.
Even if you have never sewn clothing before, you will be able to follow along as I break down each step to sew these pants.
Even though they are elastic waist pants, they are not just for lounging! Sew these in crepe, rayon or linen and you will have a beautiful pair of pants or shorts to wear any time. Make them in cotton or flannel for PJ pants that will be your new favorites.
- Straight-leg pants and shorts with elastic waist and slant hip pockets.
- The pattern Includes instructions for visible or hidden waist and pocket facings.
- These make great pajama pants or can be easily dressed up.
- Not bulky at the waist, practical pocket and the visible facing option allows for fun colour blocking.
If you like more room at the hips, we recommend that you go one size up or use a fabric that has a little stretch across the grain.
Class kits are also available: Jalie Pull-on Pants or Shorts Kit
1. Get Ready
Welcome FREE PREVIEW
Measure and Decide on Size FREE PREVIEW
Select Your Fabric Type and Amount FREE PREVIEW
2. Prep Your Pattern and Fabric
Trace and Prep Your Pattern Pieces
Cut Your Fabric
3. Sew the Pants or Shorts
Select a Seam Finish
Sew the Fronts and Backs
4. Hidden Facings - Pocket and Waistband
Hidden Facing - Pockets
Hidden Facings - Waistband
5. Exposed Facings - Pocket and Waistband
Exposed Facing - Pockets
Exposed Facing - Waistband
6. Finish The Pants or Shorts
Add the Elastic
Hem the Pants or Shorts!